Contact City Hall: 763-753-2630



Can I shoot a firearm on my property?

If the residence is serviced by city utilities, no firearm may be discharged, including BB guns.

For residents living in the rest of the city, no firearms or BB guns may be discharged within 500 feet of any residence.

How can I report suspicious activity?

To report suspicion anonymously, a crime tip line is available and regularly checked by the police department: 763-267-6199.

A second option is to contact Anoka County Dispatch at 763-427-1212 to connect with a St. Francis Police Officer.

Can I call the St. Francis Police Department if I lock my keys in my car?

Yes, please contact Anoka County Dispatch at 763-427-1212 to request service. There is a $25 charge for lockouts that is only applied if the vehicle is successfully unlocked.


How can I slow down traffic on my street?

Extra patrol is often requested in the springtime after the roads clear of ice and snow.  As availability of the officers allow, the requests to detail specific streets for speed control are granted.  Please contact the police department at 763-753-1264 to request extra patrol in your area.

What do I do if my car was impounded?

Contact the St. Francis Police Department or Gerdin Auto & Tire.

What should I do if I see a wild animal in the city?

First, stay away from the animal.  Do not attempt to feed, harass, or take pictures with the animal.  The best option for the animal and the persons involved is for the animal to leave at its own will.  Call 911 if the animal poses a threat to the safety of any person or property.

What do I do if my dog was impounded?

When a dog is impounded, the City turns the dog over to Tammy Gimpel who can be reached at 763-331-2275.  In order to retrieve the dog from impound, the dog must be licensed, vaccinated, and impound fees paid.

How many dogs can I have in St. Francis?

Three dogs over the age of 3 months old are lawfully owned in the Urban Service Area and on lots less than 5 acres. For lots that are greater than 5 acres, a total of four dogs may be owned. No more than 2 dogs shall be housed outdoors in the Urban Service Area.

Is there a leash law?

The City of St. Francis prohibits dogs at large. Any dog that is not on its owner’s property and not restrained by a leash 6 feet in length or less, or at the heel of a person of suitable age, and obedient to that person’s commands is in violation of the dog at large ordinance.

What can I do about my neighbor's barking dog?

Reports of barking dogs can be made by calling Anoka County Dispatch at 763-427-1212. It is up to the discretion of the officer whether the dog is creating a reasonable annoyance to the surrounding persons. The owner will be warned upon the first report and given a chance to correct the dog’s behavior. If the owner fails to comply, the dog may be impounded.

Is there a noise ordinance in St. Francis?

According to City Code, a noise violation that have officially been declared to affect public health, safety and welfare are:

  • Any loudly audible noises that unreasonably annoys, disturbs, or endangers the comfort, health or peace of any person, or precludes their enjoyment of property, or affects the property’s value
  • All obnoxious noises
  • The use of any vehicle to create loud unnecessary grating, grinding, rattling or other noise
  • The discharging of exhaust from any statutory internal combustion engine by any means besides a muffler that prevents loud or explosive noises
  • Loading or unloading a vehicle that creates a loud or excessive noise
  • The use or operation of any device that produces or reproduces noise in a manner that disrupts the peace, quiet, and comfort of any person.

How can I obtain a copy of a police report?

A form must be filled out in order to request a police report. Having the ICR or case number is helpful, otherwise a brief description to include any names in the report is typically enough to locate the report.  For information on fees and turnaround time, please visit the Police Report Request page.

What crimes happen in my neighborhood?

To request general information on criminal activity for a residence or neighborhood please contact office staff at 763-753-1264 and they will assist in the request. Further details regarding specific incidents will follow the police report request policies.

City Hall

Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday (Closed Fridays)
Phone: 763-753-2630
Fax: 763-753-9881
23340 Cree Street NW
St. Francis, MN 55070

Public Works

Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Phone: 763-233-5200
Fax: 763-233-5205
4058 St. Francis Blvd. NW
St. Francis, MN 55070

Police Department

Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Phone: 763-753-1264
Non-Emergency: 763-427-1212
Fax: 763-235-2319
4058 St. Francis Blvd. NW
St. Francis, MN 55070

Fire Department

Non-Emergency: 763-753-2334
3740 Bridge Street NW
St. Francis, MN 55070