A City of Progress, Pride and Possibilities.
The St. Francis Police Department made an arrest in the assault of a juvenile that was reported to have occurred on Friday, June 17. The individual arrested has initially been charged with 5th Degree Assault. The matter has been referred to the Anoka County Attorney’s Office and the City Attorney’s Office for review of potential additional charges. The police department is continuing its investigation into others who may have been involved or witnessed the attack.
- Anoka County Weekly Construction Update Link – http://www.anokacounty.us/1578/Construction-Weekly
- Construction Weekly | Anoka County, MN – Official Website
Crews began work this past week, starting with the removal of the signal system at the intersection of Bridge Street and Rum River Boulevard. Crews also began removing concrete sidewalk, concrete curb and roadway asphalt on the western portion of the project. Installation of sanitary sewer has begun on Rum River Boulevard, as crews began work at the park entrance and will continue to work south to Bridge Street. Crews are expecting to have sewer pipe installed up to Bridge Street by Monday, June 20th. On Tuesday, June 21st, Rum River Boulevard will be open to traffic. At the same time, Bridge Street will be closed as sanitary sewer and watermain installation continue at Bridge Street and Poppy Street. Access to businesses and homes will be allowed from Lake George Boulevard (CSAH 9). The Bridge Street closure is expected to last for 7 days.
In conjunction with the CSAH 24 (Bridge Street) Improvements Project, crews will be repairing portions of the city water system. This work is expected to begin the week of June 20, 2016. Water main work will include adding isolation valves, repairing isolation valves, replacing fire hydrants, replacing water main on Poppy Street and extending water main down Lake George Blvd.
- Water services may be interrupted due to the scope of these water system improvements. Notice will be given prior to any interruption of service.
- Temporary water services may be used to supply homes and businesses with water. This process will be coordinated with each property owner.
- You may experience a reduction of water pressure at your home or business. Please note this is only temporary and your water pressure will resume to normal.
Please continue to check the City web site for what areas will be affected. Thank you for patience with this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Randy Kirschman (Project Manager) – 763-486-8529
Todd Riser (Project Foreman) – 320-980-0778
Mayor – Two Year Term
Steven Feldman and Jerry Tveit will be on the general election ballot November 8, 2016.
Two Council Members – Four Year Terms
St. Francis Council Member seats will be on the primary election ballot August 9, 2016 due to the number that filed.
Robert Bauer, Tim Brown, Joseph Muelbauer, Dan Norenberg, Richard Orpen and Cory Shockman.